Throughout the week, there have been numerous significant and positive updates on Web3 gaming. Google released another exciting update about NFTs, and well-known names such as Casio and Justin Bieber embrace the world of NFTs. Furthermore, Gala Games’ plans to host REP in the midst of the legal battle are being updated. The lawsuit and its potential ramifications are among the most significant stories to emerge from a leading blockchain ecosystem this week. Furthermore, Saudi Arabia is making progress in web3 and blockchain in accordance with its Vision 2030. In terms of Web3 games, updates on in-game economies are being released by the Guild of Guardians and Heroes of Mavia. In addition, TCG fans will be pleased to learn that Gods Unchained now includes the Sealed Mode.
Let us delve into these gaming news updates:
- Google on NFT Ads
- Saudi Arabia Exploring Web3
- Gala Games Internal Legal Battle
- Heroes of Mavia In-Game Economy
- Guild of Guardians Future Plans
- Gods Unchained New Game Mode
Google on NFT Ads
Google has changed its advertising rules in a big way. Now, blockchain video games that use NFTs (Non-Fungible Tokens) can be advertised, but crypto games with betting or token rewards are limited in many ways. As of September 15, this change shows that Google supports the NFT gaming industry. Developers of NFT games can now market their games all over the world, reaching a larger audience. But Google’s new policy bans ads for crypto games that involve gambling or betting with NFTs, as well as games that let players stake or lock up their cryptocurrencies or NFTs for long-term rewards. This move shows that Google is serious about telling the difference between NFT games that improve gameplay and those that add NFTs to gambling mechanics. It also shows how important it is to play games in a responsible way.
Google’s change to its advertising policies is a step forward in how it deals with blockchain and non-fungible token (NFT) games, making the environment more open but still regulated. Even though this update helps NFT games grow, it puts strict limits on games with gambling elements. If a business’s products fall into this category, it must get a gambling license or certification. Overall, the change makes it easier for NFT game developers to stand out in the market. This encourages the creation of new games and appeals to a wider audience, all while keeping responsible gaming practices in the crypto gaming industry.
Saudi Arabia Exploring Web3
Saudi Arabia is positioning itself to lead Web3 technologies, as part of Vision 2030. Vision 2030 is a massive economic diversification plan to reduce oil dependence. Saudi Arabia is adopting Web3 technologies like blockchain and AI to achieve this ambitious goal. The kingdom also wants to succeed in the gaming industry, which could boost its economy and global influence.
Saudi Arabia is a Middle Eastern gaming powerhouse. It controls 45% of the $1.8 billion regional gaming market. The kingdom leads the Middle Eastern gaming market due to its strong gaming culture and young, tech-savvy population. Saudi Arabia wants to become a global gaming hub by investing $38 billion from its Public Investment Fund. The country is having trouble integrating Web3 technologies like cryptocurrencies and virtual assets because there are no clear rules. The country is investigating and working on this and we may Saudi Web3 booming in the near future.
Web3 Gaming Ecosystem Gala Games Internal Legal Battle
Gala Games, a major Web3 gaming ecosystem, is embroiled in an internal strife that is shaking the industry. The platform’s CEO, Eric Shiermeyer, and co-founder, Wright Thurston, are going to court against each other. Shiermeyer sued Thurston, alleging that he and True North United Investments planned the $130 million GALA token theft in Q1 2021. This alleged theft involved complex token transfers from a safe wallet to 43 other wallets. Moreover, Thurston initially said the tokens were safe, but he made complicated sales and exchanges from September 2022 to May 2023. Thurston is also accused of stealing Gala ecosystem node licenses, selling them, and keeping the money.
Meanwhile, True North sued Shiermeyer after Thurston sued him. This countersuit claims Shiermeyer caused Gala Games to sell and waste millions of dollars in company assets and borrowed millions to spend on himself. It also claims that Shiermeyer established Gala companies in Switzerland and Dubai with majority control and made decisions without consulting Gala director Thurston. True North claims Shiermeyer didn’t provide the requested business records and information because they were incomplete or incorrect. Shiermeyer and Thurston want the other person expelled from Gala Games, relief, compensation, and GALA tokens. Thurston wants damages of at least $750 million. This fighting within Gala Games makes the platform unstable and investors less confident in the Web3 gaming industry.
Web3 Game Heroes of Mavia In-Game Economy
Heroes of Mavia rolls out its “Mass Ownership Model,” which is different from traditional “play-to-earn” games. It gives players in-game tokens instead of cryptocurrencies as rewards. This lets them make and sell NFTs within the game to make money. This method aims to solve the problem of getting value out of a game’s economy by making it possible to manage in-game items that can be turned into NFTs. Moreover, this will make the game less reliant on external cryptocurrencies and go against the growing trend of integrating cryptocurrencies into Web3 games.
Web3 Game Guild of Guardians Future Plans
Guild of Guardians recently wrote a detailed blog post about the future of their game. In the post, they talked about their plans for the game’s economy, Web2 players’ migration into the game, and making Guardian NFTs better within their ecosystem. Guild of Guardians took a step back to rethink their game’s design after the first previews. Their main goal was to make Web3 functionality optional instead of required in order to attract a wider range of players. To do this, the Guild of Guardians has teamed up with Immutable X to add the Immutable Passport. This is in line with the growing trend in Web3 games to attract Web2 players, which is why Guild of Guardians made this move. Besides, the game’s economy will be based on exploring dungeons and making things. Players can work together to explore dungeons for loot and make items and Guardian upgrades. The team is planning to roll out the solo PvE dungeon crawling feature first, then add other features.
Gods Unchained New Game Mode
Gods Unchained will add Sealed Mode on September 14. This will meet the needs of its players and give them a new way to play. Trading card game (TCG) fans are used to the idea that this mode forces players to build competitive decks with limited and semi-random resources. Players had mixed feelings about previous game modes like Chaos and Pauper, but Sealed Mode has gotten a lot of excitement and interest from players. In response to player requests, Sealed Mode won’t just be a temporary addition to Gods Unchained. Instead, it will become a permanent part of the Gods Unchained game, which could make people interested in it again.
Play To Earn Games News 2023-2024
Thank you for visiting PlayToEarnGames.com! Your one-stop shop for everything related to play-to-earn, crypto, NFTs, blockchain, and Web3. With reviews, videos, and articles available across platforms, you can stay up to date on the newest and best play-to-earn games.
We’re here to help you improve your gaming experience by providing information on game tokens, whitepapers, and social media buzz. Dive into our “Best Games” and “Game Lists” sections for top P2E picks, and check out our “Video Game News” section for daily updates.
Do you have any exciting game news? Send us your press release, and our PlayToEarn Game news team will cover it. Join us as we search for the best play-to-earn games and delve into the world of Web3 gaming. Choose PlayToEarnGames.com for P2E news and excitement!
Let’s play a game of worldwide web-hopping!
- If you’re feeling oh-so-French, it’s time to say “Bonjour” to https://fr.playtoearngames.com!
- If you’ve got the vibrant vibes of India in your heart, make your gaming pitstop at https://hi.playtoearngames.com.
- Are you ready for some gaming action, German style? Head on over to https://de.playtoearngames.com!
- Hola, gamers in Spanish territories! Your adventure awaits at https://es.playtoearngames.com.
- Samba your way into the gaming world in Brazil via https://pt.playtoearngames.com!
- Calling all Dutch gamers, set sail for gaming greatness at https://nl.playtoearngames.com.
- And last but not least, gamers in Turkey, it’s your turn to join the fun at https://tr.playtoearngames.com!
So, wherever you are in the world, the gaming universe is just a click away!
FAQ: Web3 Gaming, NFTs, and Industry Updates
1. What are Web3 games?
- Web3 games are online video games that utilize blockchain technology, decentralized networks, and NFTs (Non-Fungible Tokens) to create unique in-game assets, economies, and experiences.
2. What role do NFTs play in Web3 gaming?
- NFTs, or Non-Fungible Tokens, are digital assets that represent ownership of in-game items, characters, or collectibles. They are recorded on a blockchain, making them rare and tradeable.
3. How has Google updated its policies regarding NFT gaming?
- Google has recently updated its advertising policies to permit the promotion of blockchain video games that incorporate NFTs. This change allows NFT game developers to advertise their games to a wider audience through Google Ads.
4. Are there any restrictions on advertising NFT games on Google?
- Yes, Google’s updated policy restricts advertisements for crypto games that involve gambling or token rewards, as well as games that enable players to stake or lock up cryptocurrencies or NFTs for long-term rewards. These restrictions are in place to promote responsible gaming practices.
5. What is Saudi Arabia’s involvement in Web3 gaming and blockchain technology?
- Saudi Arabia is actively exploring Web3 technologies, including blockchain and AI, as part of its Vision 2030 plan to diversify its economy and reduce its dependence on oil. The country also aims to become a global gaming hub.
6. What is the internal legal battle within Gala Games about?
- Gala Games, a significant player in the Web3 gaming ecosystem, is facing internal legal disputes involving its CEO, Eric Shiermeyer, and co-founder, Wright Thurston. These disputes include allegations of token theft and mismanagement of company assets.
7. Can you explain the “Mass Ownership Model” in Heroes of Mavia?
- The “Mass Ownership Model” in Heroes of Mavia is an innovative approach to in-game economies. Instead of providing cryptocurrencies as rewards, the game offers in-game tokens that players can use to create and sell NFTs within the game, allowing them to extract value from their in-game assets.
8. What are the future plans for Guild of Guardians in Web3 gaming?
- Guild of Guardians is planning to make Web3 functionality optional to attract a broader player base. They are also partnering with Immutable X to introduce the Immutable Passport. Additionally, the game’s economy will focus on dungeon exploration and item crafting, encouraging collaborative gameplay.
9. What new game mode is being introduced in Gods Unchained, and when will it be available?
- Gods Unchained is introducing Sealed Mode on September 14. Sealed Mode is a format that requires players to build competitive decks with limited and semi-random resources, catering to trading card game (TCG) enthusiasts. Unlike previous temporary game modes, Sealed Mode will become a permanent addition to Gods Unchained, providing a fresh gaming experience.